Jump to Main Content
- Watrud, Lidia S.; Reichman, Jay R.; Bollman, Michael A.; Smith, Bonnie M.; Lee, E. Henry; Jastrow, Julie D.; Casler, Michael D.; Collins, Harold P.; Fransen, Steven; Mitchell, Robert B.; Owens, Vance N.; Bean, Brent; Rooney, William L.; Tyler, Donald D.; King, George A.
- BioEnergy research 2013 v.6 no.2 pp. 601
- Geographical Locations, etc ; sustainable agriculture; soil sampling; soil chemistry; microbial biomass; grasslands; grassland soils; genes; functional diversity; energy crops; ecosystem services; correlation; chemistry; Sorghum bicolor; Panicum virgatum; agricultural soils; copper; genetic variation; nitrates; soil ecology; soil microorganisms; species diversity; sulfates; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... We obtained soil samples from geographically diverse switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) and sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.) crop sites and from nearby reference grasslands and compared their edaphic properties, microbial gene diversity and abundance, and active microbial biomass content. We hypothesized that soils under switchgrass, a perennial, would be more similar to reference grassland soils than ...
- Johnson, Jane M.F.; Wilhelm, Wally W.; Karlen, Douglas L.; Archer, David W.; Wienhold, Brian; Lightle, David T.; Laird, David; Baker, John; Ochsner, Tyson E.; Novak, Jeff M.; Halvorson, Ardell D.; Arriaga, Francisco; Barbour, Nancy
- BioEnergy research 2010 v.3 no.4 pp. 342
- Geographical Locations, etc ; corn cobs; corn stover; plant nutrition; soil fertility; Zea mays; corn; stover; height; plant organs; plant physiology; developmental stages; harvest date; nutrient content; nitrogen; potassium; phosphorus; magnesium; nutrient management; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... One-pass harvest equipment has been developed to collect corn (Zea mays L.) grain, stover, and cobs that can be used as bioenergy feedstock. Nutrients removed in these feedstocks have soil fertility implication and affect feedstock quality. The study objectives were to quantify nutrient concentrations and potential removal as a function of cutting height, plant organ, and physiological stage. Plan ...