Jump to Main Content
- Segaran, Gayathri; Sathiavelu, Mythili
- Biocatalysis and agricultural biotechnology 2019 v.21 pp. 101284
- antibiosis, etc ; agrochemicals; alkaloids; antioxidants; biological control; biological control agents; cytotoxicity; disease control; endophytes; environmental impact; fungi; fungicides; host plants; medicinal properties; parasitism; plant pathogens; quinones; secondary metabolites; sterigmatocystin; sustainable agriculture; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Endophytes protect the host plant for their entire life cycle and they have the ability to act as a biocontrol agent. Organisms protect the host plant through antibiosis, parasitism and competition mechanism in the biocontrol process. The improper and excessive use of agrochemicals makes the phytopathogens insensitive and leads to the development of resistant fungal pathogens. Chemical fungicides ...
- Abd Alla El-Bialy, Heba; Adel-Fattah Mohamed Shahin, Azza; El-Fouly, Mohie Zohier; Awad, Mohamed Ahmed; Khalifa, EL-Said Zaki; Fahmy, Shimaa Mohamed
- Biocatalysis and agricultural biotechnology 2019 v.20 pp. 101261
- antibiosis, etc ; Alternaria solani; Fusarium oxysporum; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; Thanatephorus cucumeris; Trichoderma koningii; Trichoderma viride; amino acids; antifungal properties; biological control; fungal antagonists; fungi; gamma radiation; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; irradiation; metabolites; mutation; pathogens; peptides; seeds; soil; tomatoes; volatile compounds; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Induction of mutation using gamma radiation improves the efficiency of Trichoderma against tomato fungal pathogens (Alternaria solani, Fusarium oxysporium, and Rhizoctonia solani). Results of the present study reveal the antagonistic activity of selected 2nd generation variants is higher than their 1st generation variants and the activity of latter variants is higher than their parent strains. The ...