Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Zhipeng; Yang, Yutong; Wu, Lulin; Talabieke, Shaletanati; You, Hongjie; Zheng, Yuanyuan; Luo, Dali
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.513 no.3 pp. 567-572
- adenosine triphosphate; alanine; arrhythmia; aspartic acid; cardiomyocytes; cell communication; connexins; gap junctions; genes; heterozygosity; homeostasis; mice; mutants; phosphorylation; rats; serine; transfection; viruses
- ... Connexin 43 (Cx43) phosphorylation plays a pivotal role in cardiac electrical and contractile performance. In a previous study we have found that Cx43 phosphorylation at serine 282 (pS282) regulates cardiomyocyte survival. Considering that both sites are altered simultaneously in many studies, we designed this study to identify the status of S279 phosphorylation upon pS282 manipulation. In heteroz ...
- Kim, Mi-Bo; Bae, Minkyung; Hu, Siqi; Kang, Hyunju; Park, Young-Ki; Lee, Ji-Young
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.513 no.3 pp. 657-662
- NAD(P)H oxidase (H2O2-forming); droplets; gene expression; genes; humans; lipids; messenger RNA; mice; mothers against decapentaplegic homolog proteins; phosphorylation; protein content; reactive oxygen species; transforming growth factor beta 1
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate whether fucoxanthin (FCX) have anti-fibrogenic properties in hepatic stellate cells (HSCs). FCX significantly decreased basal and transforming growth factor β1 (TGFβ1)-induced mRNA levels of fibrogenic genes with concomitant decreases in their protein levels in LX-2 cells. The phosphorylation of SMA- and MAD-related protein (SMAD3) was increased by TGFβ1 ...