Jump to Main Content
- George, Zenas; Omosun, Yusuf; Azenabor, Anthony A.; Goldstein, Jason; Partin, James; Joseph, Kahaliah; Ellerson, Debra; He, Qing; Eko, Francis; McDonald, Melissa A.; Reed, Matthew; Svoboda, Pavel; Stuchlik, Olga; Pohl, Jan; Lutter, Erika; Bandea, Claudiu; Black, Carolyn M.; Igietseme, Joseph U.
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.508 no.2 pp. 421-429
- myosin heavy chains; myosin light chain kinase, etc ; Chlamydia; adenosine triphosphate; cytoskeleton; lipids; oligomerization; pathogenesis; pathogenicity; phosphoproteins; therapeutics; type III secretion system; unfolded protein response; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The unfolded protein response (UPR) contributes to chlamydial pathogenesis, as a source of lipids and ATP during replication, and for establishing the initial anti-apoptotic state of host cell that ensures successful inclusion development. The molecular mechanism(s) of UPR induction by Chlamydia is unknown. Chlamydia use type III secretion system (T3SS) effector proteins (e.g, the Translocated Act ...
- Vizcaíno-Castillo, Andrea; Osorio-Méndez, Juan Felipe; Rubio-Ortiz, Margarita; Manning-Cela, Rebeca Georgina; Hernández, Roberto; Cevallos, Ana María
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.513 no.2 pp. 347-353
- myosin, etc ; Leishmania; Trypanosoma brucei; Trypanosoma cruzi; actin; cytoskeleton; detergents; developmental stages; evolution; flagellum; fractionation; genes; parasites; polyclonal antibodies; profilins; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The genome of Trypanosoma cruzi encodes for an expanded number of actins, myosins and actin binding proteins compared to Trypanosoma brucei or Leishmania spp. In T. cruzi only the expression of actin 1 (i.e. conventional actin) and profilin, an actin binding protein, has been described. In this work, the expression of a kinetoplastid-specific actin, named actin 2 (TcAct2; TriTryp Gene ID: TcCLB.50 ...