Jump to Main Content
- Gargey, Akhil; Ge, Jinghua; Tkachev, Yaroslav V.; Nesmelov, Yuri E.
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.509 no.4 pp. 978-982
- myosin, etc ; adenosine diphosphate; dissociation; electrostatic interactions; humans; molecular dynamics; mutants; sequence homology; simulation models; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Human cardiac myosin has two isoforms, alpha and beta, sharing significant sequence similarity, but different in kinetics: ADP release from actomyosin is an order of magnitude faster in the alpha myosin isoform. Apparently, small differences in the sequence are responsible for distinct local inter-residue interactions within alpha and beta isoforms, leading to such a dramatic difference in the rat ...
- Avrova, Stanislava V.; Karpicheva, Olga E.; Simonyan, Armen O.; Sirenko, Vladimir V.; Redwood, Charles S.; Borovikov, Yurii S.
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.515 no.2 pp. 372-377
- myosin, etc ; actin; adenosinetriphosphatase; calcium; fluorescence microscopy; muscle fibers; muscles; mutants; mutation; patients; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Substitution of Ala for Thr residue in 155th position in γ-tropomyosin (Tpm3.12) is associated with muscle weakness. To understand the mechanisms of this defect, we studied the Ca2+-sensitivity of thin filaments in solution and multistep changes in mobility and spatial arrangement of actin, Tpm, and myosin heads during the ATPase cycle in reconstituted muscle fibres, using the polarized fluorescen ...