Jump to Main Content
- Du, Juan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.510 no.4 pp. 551-557
- Retroviridae; antiviral properties; cytoplasm; digitonin; fractionation; humans; mutants; nuclear localization signals; nucleocytoplasmic transport; nucleoside-triphosphate phosphatase; retrotransposons
- ... Currently, SAMHD1 is the only known dNTPase in human cells. It also suppresses the replication of both retroviruses and retroelements. SAMHD1 contains a classic nuclear localization sequence (NLS) and resides in the nucleus in live or fixed cells. It has been reported that alteration or removal of NLS does not affect the dNTPase or the antiviral activity of SAMHD1. However, it was unclear whether ...
- Du, Juan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.511 no.4 pp. 910-915
- CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; HIV infections; Human immunodeficiency virus 1; antiviral agents; cell cycle checkpoints; mutants; proteasome endopeptidase complex; proteolysis; ubiquitin-protein ligase; virus replication
- ... Interaction between HIV-1 Vif and host factor CBFβ leads to the assembly of the Vif-Cul5-EloB/C ubiquitin ligase (E3 complex). By inducing the formation of E3 complex, Vif depletes host APOBEC3 restriction factors and promotes HIV-1 infection. In addition, Vif is known to arrest host cells at G2/M phase (G2 arrest), benefiting HIV-1 replication and contributing to the depletion of CD4+ T cells. Ho ...