Jump to Main Content
- Ohashi, Maiko; Okubo, Kazumasa; Mizuno, Sakiko; Yoda, Masaki; Shirasawa, Hideyuki; Chiba, Kazuhiro; Horiuchi, Keisuke; Matsumoto, Morio; Nakamura, Masaya
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.506 no.4 pp. 944-949
- apoptosis; bone marrow; cardiomyocytes; cell lines; granulocyte colony-stimulating factor; hematopoietic stem cells; hypertrophy; mice; mitogenesis; models; muscles; mutants; myotubes; patients; phosphorylation; receptors; sarcopenia; skeletal muscle
- ... Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) is a cytokine crucially involved in the regulation of granulopoiesis and the mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells from bone marrow. However, emerging data suggest that G-CSF exhibits more diverse functions than initially expected, such as conferring protection against apoptosis to neural cells and stimulating mitogenesis in cardiomyocytes and skele ...
- Igarashi, Kentaro; Kawaguchi, Kei; Kiyuna, Tasuku; Miyake, Kentaro; Miyaki, Masuyo; Yamamoto, Norio; Hayashi, Katsuhiro; Kimura, Hiroaki; Miwa, Shinji; Higuchi, Takashi; Singh, Arun S.; Chmielowski, Bartosz; Nelson, Scott D.; Russell, Tara A.; Eckardt, Mark A.; Dry, Sarah M.; Li, Yunfeng; Singh, Shree Ram; Chawla, Sant P.; Eilber, Fritz C.; Tsuchiya, Hiroyuki; Hoffman, Robert M.
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.506 no.4 pp. 912-917
- body weight; doxorubicin; methionine gamma-lyase; mice; models; patients; sarcoma; survival rate; tissues
- ... Liposarcoma is the most common type of soft tissue sarcoma. Among the subtypes of liposarcoma, dedifferentiated liposarcoma (DDLPS) is recalcitrant and has the lowest survival rate. The aim of the present study is to determine the efficacy of metabolic targeting with recombinant methioninase (rMETase) combined with palbociclib (PAL) against a doxorubicin (DOX)-resistant DDLPS in a patient-derived ...