Jump to Main Content
- Adams, Abby; Weinman, Steven A.; Wozniak, Ann L.
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.503 no.4 pp. 2619-2624
- dynein ATPase, etc ; alanine; aspartic acid; caspase-1; cytoplasm; guanosinetriphosphatase; phosphorylation; physiological transport; proteins; viruses; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Intracellular trafficking is a tightly regulated cellular process, mediated in part by Rab GTPases and their corresponding effector proteins. Viruses have evolved mechanisms to hijack these processes to promote their lifecycles. Here we describe a mechanism by which cleavage of the Rab7 adaptor protein, RILP (Rab interacting lysosomal protein) is induced by viral infection. We report that RILP is ...
- PubMed Central:
- Edamatsu, Masaki
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.496 no.4 pp. 1382-1388
- dynein ATPase, etc ; Tetrahymena; adenosine triphosphate; cilia; coprecipitation; microtubules; mutants; mutation; mutational analysis; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Mutational analyses of axonemal dyneins are useful for elucidating the molecular mechanism of ciliary motility. This study demonstrates a mutation system for characterizing lethal P-loop mutations in Tetrahymena outer arm dynein (Dyh3p). The viable DYH3-knockout (vKO-DYH3) cells isolated in this study enabled the examination of lethal mutations in P-loops 1 and 2. The P1 mutant dynein localized in ...