Jump to Main Content
- Kamei, Rikiya; Fujimura, Takashi; Matsuda, Miki; Kakihara, Kotaro; Hirakawa, Noriko; Baba, Kenji; Ono, Kazuhisa; Arakawa, Kenji; Kawamoto, Seiji
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2017 v.483 pp. 674-679
- mast cells, etc ; Cryptomeria japonica; Oriental traditional medicine; Perilla frutescens; anaphylaxis; animal models; anti-inflammatory activity; calcium; condiments; crosslinking; exocytosis; flavanones; hay fever; histamine; immunoglobulin E; medicinal plants; neoplasm cells; nose; oral administration; phosphorylation; polyphenols; rats; secretory granules; Japan; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Perilla frutescens is a dietary leafy herb consumed as a traditional Japanese condiment as well as used for Chinese medicine with anti-inflammatory activity. Here we report a hitherto-unrecognized P. frutescens phytochemical that potently suppresses IgE-mediated type I hypersensitivity reactions. Structural analysis reveals that the purified anti-allergic compound (Perilla-derived methoxyflavanone ...
- Yoshida, Kazuki; Ito, Masaaki; Hoshino, Yui; Matsuoka, Isao
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2017
- mast cells, etc ; adenosine triphosphate; antagonists; anti-allergic agents; calcium; dexamethasone; ethidium; flow cytometry; glucocorticoid receptors; messenger RNA; mice; oral administration; prednisolone; purinergic receptors; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Mast cells express many different purinergic receptors, including ionotropic P2X4 and P2X7, which recognize the accumulation of extracellular ATP released from activated and/or damaged cells. This results in the stimulation of mast cell functions. In this study, we investigated the effects of dexamethasone (Dex), an anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid widely used for the treatment of allergic disease ...