Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Rong, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2015 v.464 pp. 574-579
- coronary artery disease; coronary vessels; gene expression regulation; microRNA; microarray technology; non-coding RNA; pathophysiology; patients; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; t-test
- ... The pathophysiology of coronary atherosclerotic plaques is a complex process. Early detection of coronary atherosclerotic plaques is critical in the prevention, prognostic and therapeutic intervention of cardiovascular disease. MicroRNAs (miRNAs), endogenous short non-coding RNAs, have been reported to play an important role in cardiovascular diseases and are also used as disease markers. However, ...
- Wang, Rong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2015 v.464 pp. 401-406
- apoptosis; cell proliferation; glucose; glucose 6-phosphate; glycolysis; hexokinase; immunohistochemistry; lactic acid; neoplasm cells; osteosarcoma; phenotype
- ... Accumulating evidence has shown that PI3K/Akt pathway is frequently hyperactivated in osteosarcoma (OS) and contributes to tumor initiation and progression. Altered phenotype of glucose metabolism is a key hallmark of cancer cells including OS. However, the relationship between PI3K/Akt pathway and glucose metabolism in OS remains largely unexplored. In this study, we showed that elevated Hexokina ...