Jump to Main Content
- Terawaki, Shin-ichi; Yoshikane, Asuka; Higuchi, Yoshiki; Wakamatsu, Kaori
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2015 v.460 pp. 451-456
- dynein ATPase, etc ; Drosophila; crystal structure; guanosinetriphosphatase; microtubules; nucleoporins; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Bicaudal-D1 (BICD1) is an α-helical coiled-coil protein mediating the attachment of specific cargo to cytoplasmic dynein. It plays an essential role in minus end-directed intracellular transport along microtubules. The third C-terminal coiled-coil region of BICD1 (BICD1 CC3) has an important role in cargo sorting, including intracellular vesicles associating with the small GTPase Rab6 and the nucl ...
- Mital, Jeffrey; Lutter, Erika I.; Barger, Alexandra C.; Dooley, Cheryl A.; Hackstadt, Ted
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2015 v.462 pp. 165-170
- dynein ATPase, etc ; Chlamydia trachomatis; cDNA libraries; centrosomes; complementary DNA; membrane proteins; microtubules; protein synthesis; vacuoles; yeasts; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Chlamydia trachomatis actively subverts the minus-end directed microtubule motor, dynein, to traffic along microtubule tracks to the Microtubule Organizing Center (MTOC) where it remains within a membrane bound replicative vacuole for the duration of its intracellular development. Unlike most substrates of the dynein motor, disruption of the dynactin cargo-linking complex by over-expression of the ...
- PubMed Central: