Jump to Main Content
- Kageyama-Yahara, Natsuko; Wang, Xiaoyu; Katagiri, Tatsuo; Wang, Ping; Yamamoto, Takeshi; Tominaga, Makoto; Kadowaki, Makoto
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2011 v.416 no.3-4 pp. 283-288
- mast cells, etc ; bone marrow; calcium; cortex; food allergies; immunoglobulin E; phospholipase C; phosphorylation; tyrosine; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Antigen-IgE-mediated mucosal mast-cell activation is critical in the development of food allergies. Cinnamaldehyde, a major constituent of Cinnamomi cortex, dose-dependently inhibited the antigen-IgE-induced degranulation of mucosal-type bone-marrow derived mast cells (mBMMCs) and RBL-2H3 cells. Cinnamaldehyde also suppressed the elevation of the intracellular Ca²⁺ level that is induced by the ext ...
- Kamei, Rikiya; Fujimura, Takashi; Matsuda, Miki; Kakihara, Kotaro; Hirakawa, Noriko; Baba, Kenji; Ono, Kazuhisa; Arakawa, Kenji; Kawamoto, Seiji
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2017 v.483 pp. 674-679
- mast cells, etc ; Cryptomeria japonica; Oriental traditional medicine; Perilla frutescens; anaphylaxis; animal models; anti-inflammatory activity; calcium; condiments; crosslinking; exocytosis; flavanones; hay fever; histamine; immunoglobulin E; medicinal plants; neoplasm cells; nose; oral administration; phosphorylation; polyphenols; rats; secretory granules; Japan; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Perilla frutescens is a dietary leafy herb consumed as a traditional Japanese condiment as well as used for Chinese medicine with anti-inflammatory activity. Here we report a hitherto-unrecognized P. frutescens phytochemical that potently suppresses IgE-mediated type I hypersensitivity reactions. Structural analysis reveals that the purified anti-allergic compound (Perilla-derived methoxyflavanone ...