Jump to Main Content
- Zou, Feng Ming, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2013 v.430 pp. 144-149
- Apis cerana; alternative medicine; cathepsin G; chymotrypsin; cysteine; elastase; honey bees; humans; neutrophils; plasmin; t-plasminogen activator; thrombin; trypsin; trypsin inhibitors
- ... The honeybee is an important insect species in global ecology, agriculture, and alternative medicine. While chymotrypsin and trypsin inhibitors from bees show activity against cathepsin G and plasmin, respectively, no anti-elastolytic role for these inhibitors has been elucidated. In this study, we identified an Asiatic honeybee (Apis cerana) chymotrypsin inhibitor (AcCI), which was shown to also ...
- Zou, Feng-Ming, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2012 v.425 no.1 pp. 113-118
- Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus; Bombyx mori; apoptosis; cathepsin D; digestive system; ecdysone; ecdysterone; fat body; genes; larvae; luciferase; metamorphosis; mutation; response elements; transcription (genetics)
- ... Bombyx mori Cathepsin D (BmCatD) is specifically expressed in the fat body, and plays a critical role for the programmed cell death of the larval fat body and pupal gut during metamorphosis. To better understand the transcriptional control of BmCatD expression, we conducted this study to identify the ecdysone response elements (EcREs) in the BmCatD promoter and clarify their regulational functions ...