Jump to Main Content
- Maremanda, Krishna Prahlad, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2017 v.483 pp. 596-601
- DNA damage; catalase; cytotoxicity; histology; methotrexate; proliferating cell nuclear antigen; rats; spermatozoa; superoxide dismutase; testes; zinc
- ... Zinc (Zn) was proved to be a germ cell protectant against various disease conditions and toxic insults. Besides other mechanisms, here we have explored the important role of Zn and Zn-dependent SOD1in methotrexate (MTX)-induced germ cell damage. MTX was given 5 mg/kg i.p. once a week for four consecutive weeks, while Zn was supplemented daily at the doses of 3 and 6 mg/kg i.p. for four consecutive ...
- Maremanda, Krishna Prahlad, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2014 v.445 pp. 591-596
- DNA damage; acrosome; blood serum; chromatin; cyclophosphamide; metallothionein; oxidative stress; rats; testes; testosterone; therapeutics; toxic substances; toxicity; zinc
- ... The role of zinc (Zn) in the protection of germ cells against testicular toxicants has long been elucidated, but the exact molecular mechanisms have not yet been explored. Cyclophosphamide (CP), one of the most commonly used anticancer drugs survived ages of treatment, but the unwanted toxicity limits its clinical usage. The present investigation was aimed to explore the role of Zn and its associa ...