Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: tomas?
- Horvath, Tamas L., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.508 no.1 pp. 123-129
- food intake; high fat diet; hypothalamus; inflammation; insulin resistance; mice; obesity; pro-opiomelanocortin; protein content; weight gain
- ... Hypothalamic inflammation has been known as a contributor to high-fat diet (HFD)-induced insulin resistance and obesity. Myeloid-specific sirtuin 1 (SIRT1) deletion aggravates insulin resistance and hypothalamic inflammation in HFD-fed mice. Neurogranin, a calmodulin-binding protein, is expressed in the hypothalamus. However, the effects of myeloid SIRT1 deletion on hypothalamic neurogranin has no ...
- Horvath, Tamas L., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.499 no.4 pp. 1025-1031
- acetylation; adipose tissue; amyloid; animal disease models; anti-inflammatory activity; high fat diet; hippocampus; inflammation; insulin resistance; macrophages; mice; obesity; protein content; transcription factor NF-kappa B
- ... Chronic low-grade inflammation-induced insulin resistance is associated with neuroinflammation. Myeloid sirtuin1 (SIRT1) deficiency aggravates high-fat diet (HFD)-induced insulin resistance. However, the function of myeloid-specific SIRT1 in the hippocampus of obese mice is largely unknown. To address this question, we fed myeloid SIRT1 knockout (KO) mice a HFD for 40 weeks. We found that HFD-fed ...