Jump to Main Content
- Hoshii, Takayuki, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.495 no.1 pp. 1129-1135
- adults; energy; growth factors; hematopoiesis; hematopoietic stem cells; homeostasis; irradiation; metabolism; mice; nutrients; rapamycin; regulatory sequences
- ... The mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) complex 1 (mTORC1) senses a cell's energy status and environmental levels of nutrients and growth factors. In response, mTORC1 mediates signaling that controls protein translation and cellular metabolism. Although mTORC1 plays a critical role in hematopoiesis, it remains unclear which upstream stimuli regulate mTORC1 activity in the context of hematopoietic ...
- Hoshii, Takayuki, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2014 v.450 pp. 837-843
- binding proteins; cell cycle; gene expression regulation; genes; green fluorescent protein; guanosine triphosphate; humans; leukemia; messenger RNA; mice; models; patients; prognosis; stem cells
- ... Acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) is a heterogeneous neoplastic disorder in which a subset of cells function as leukaemia-initiating cells (LICs). In this study, we prospectively evaluated the leukaemia-initiating capacity of AML cells fractionated according to the expression of a nucleolar GTP binding protein, nucleostemin (NS). To monitor NS expression in living AML cells, we generated a mouse AML m ...