Jump to Main Content
- Li, Wensheng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2017 v.483 pp. 559-565
- 3' untranslated regions; Oreochromis niloticus; blood serum; fish; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; microRNA; starvation; transcription factors
- ... This study aims to determine the post-transcriptional regulation mechanism of the transcription factor pou1f1 (pou class 1 homeobox 1), which is the key gene for pituitary development, somatic growth in vertebrates, and transcription of several hormone genes in teleost fish. MicroRNA miR-223-3p was identified as a bona fide target of pou1f; overexpression of miR-223-3p in primary pituitary cells l ...
- Li, Wensheng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.499 no.2 pp. 285-290
- Danio rerio; compensatory growth; liver; liver function; mitochondria; oxidative phosphorylation; reactive oxygen species; signal transduction; superoxide dismutase
- ... Compensatory growth (CG) is defined as a phase of accelerated growth when the disadvantageous environment is improved, accompanied by metabolic adjustment. Here, we report that hepatic oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) activity was enhanced during compensatory growth in zebrafish. Mitochondrial metabolism enabled the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS), which activated the nrf2 (nuclear f ...