Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Bin; Sun, Qing-Jiang; Lan, John Chi-Wei; Chang, Min-Hao; Hsueh, Chung-Chuan; Chen, Bor-Yann
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 148-156
- Chlorella; bioelectricity; bioenergy; developmental stages; electrochemistry; metabolites; microalgae; microbial communities; microbial fuel cells; species diversity
- ... This first-attempt study used novel electrochemical alternatives to decipher stimulating effects of microalgal metabolites toward interspecific interactions in microbial fuel cells (MFCs). Extracellular metabolites of Chlorella sp. could stimulate electroactive activity of electron shuttling toward bioelectricity generation in MFCs. Whether such metabolites could express stimulating potency toward ...
- Schuelter, Adilson Ricken; Kroumov, Alexander Dimitrov; Hinterholz, Camila Larissa; Fiorini, Adriana; Trigueros, Daniela Estelita Goes; Vendruscolo, Eliane Gruska; Zaharieva, Maya Margaritova; Módenes, Aparecido Nivaldo
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 28-39
- Chlorella; Desmodesmus; Micractinium; Tetradesmus; antibacterial properties; bacterial growth; bioactive compounds; biomass; engineering; food pathogens; genomics; growth retardation; hydrophilicity; lighting; metabolites; microalgae; ribosomal DNA; virulent strains
- ... This paper presents a strategy for isolation, identification and evaluation of microalgae strains synthesizing biologically active compounds (BAC) with antimicrobial activity against food-borne and other pathogens. Water samples containing microalgae were initially submitted to the enrichment process, followed by standard procedure for obtaining pure culture. Purified DNA from the microalgae isola ...