Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Gang; Bao, Jie
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 104-109
- agricultural land; biogeochemical cycles; biomass; biorefining; byproducts; combustion; electricity generation; ethanol; ethanol fuels; fertilizer application; lignin; lignocellulose; market prices; nutrients; phosphates; phosphorus; phosphorus fertilizers; potassium; potassium fertilizers; soluble phosphorus; wastewater; China
- ... Lignocellulose biorefinery produces fuel ethanol and lignin residue byproduct. The combustion ash of lignin residue after electricity generation contains high amount of phosphorous and potassium elements and the recycling to farmland provides a sustainable nutrients supply. This study demonstrated a maximum scenario of water- soluble phosphorous and potassium recycling through a dry biorefining pr ...
- Hossain, Md Shahadat; Theodoropoulos, Constantinos; Yousuf, Abu
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 89-103
- bioethanol; biomass; computer software; corn stover; economic feasibility; energy efficiency; fossil fuels; furfural; heat; lignocellulose; liquids; profitability; surveys
- ... In a quest of alternative energy source of fossil fuels, lignocellulosic biomass is intensively studying to produce different liquid fuels and chemicals. Both fuel (bioethanol) and chemical (furfural) were produced simultaneously in this study through two different production routes, biochemical and thermochemical route. Actually, this study firstly defined production pathway in details for each p ...