Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Guan; Zhao, Junfei; Wang, Xinxin; Wang, Tong; Zhuang, Yingping; Chu, Ju; Zhang, Siliang; Noorman, Henk J.
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.146 pp. 41-51
- Penicillium chrysogenum; adenosine triphosphate; arabitol; biomass production; biosynthesis; carbon metabolism; energy efficiency; erythritol; free amino acids; glucose; glycogen; glycolysis; mannitol; metabolic flux analysis; metabolomics; mutants; pentose phosphate cycle; phenotype; sporulation; trehalose; tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... In Penicillium chrysogenum, it has been observed that turnover of storage carbohydrates (trehalose, mannitol, arabitol, erythritol and glycogen) resulting in an extra ATP expenditure might partly account for the reduced penicillin productivity under dynamic cultivation conditions. In this work, Penicillium chrysogenum mutants with altered trehalose metabolism were constructed using the Agrobacteri ...
- Manzoor, Ovais; Soleja, Neha; Khan, Parvez; Imtaiyaz Hassan, Md.; Mohsin, Mohd
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.146 pp. 170-178
- Escherichia coli; beriberi; binding proteins; biosensors; energy metabolism; energy transfer; fluorescence; humans; monitoring; pH; recombinant fusion proteins; solutes; thiamin; yeasts; yellow fluorescent protein
- ... Thiamine (vitamin B1) plays a fundamental role in energy metabolism. Its deficiency in humans manifest in the form of serious diseases like Beriberi and Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome. Monitoring of thiamine within living cells in real time is of acute interest in medicine. Fluorescent indicator protein for thiamine (FLIPT) is a genetically encoded fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET)-based ...