Jump to Main Content
- Shan Liu; Yingjie Xu; Yan Zhao; Lei Zou; Wenjing Lu
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.142 pp. 27-33
- bacteria; biomass; biotransformation; corn stover; ethanol production; fermentation; lignocellulose; lignocellulosic wastes; physicochemical properties; porosity; surface area; temperature; yeasts
- ... Microbial immobilization is a key approach to enhance fermentation performance, especially with the advantages of low costs and the good surface properties of the lignocellulosic wastes, which can serve as natural carriers. This study investigated the capability of hydrothermal modification to improve the physicochemical properties of corn stalk carriers for microbial immobilization. Hydrothermal ...
- Md Shahadat Hossain; Constantinos Theodoropoulos; Abu Yousuf
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 89-103
- bioethanol; biomass; computer software; corn stover; economic feasibility; energy efficiency; fossil fuels; furfural; heat; lignocellulose; liquids; profitability; surveys
- ... In a quest of alternative energy source of fossil fuels, lignocellulosic biomass is intensively studying to produce different liquid fuels and chemicals. Both fuel (bioethanol) and chemical (furfural) were produced simultaneously in this study through two different production routes, biochemical and thermochemical route. Actually, this study firstly defined production pathway in details for each p ...