Jump to Main Content
- Al-Ameri, Mariam; Al-Zuhair, Sulaiman
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.141 pp. 217-224
- Chlorella; biodiesel; biomass; enzymes; fuel production; hexane; hydrophobicity; methanol; microalgae; oils; separation; solvents; statistical models; temperature
- ... Switchable solvents with hydrophobicities that can be reversibly changed were evaluated as single solvents for oil extraction from wet biomass. Three switchable solvents, N,N-dimethylcyclohexylamine (DMCHA), N-ethylbutylamine (EBA), and dipropylamine, were used to extract oil from the undisrupted wet paste of harvested Chlorella sp. microalgae. The oil extraction yields for the three solvents were ...
- Schuelter, Adilson Ricken; Kroumov, Alexander Dimitrov; Hinterholz, Camila Larissa; Fiorini, Adriana; Trigueros, Daniela Estelita Goes; Vendruscolo, Eliane Gruska; Zaharieva, Maya Margaritova; Módenes, Aparecido Nivaldo
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 28-39
- Chlorella; Desmodesmus; Micractinium; Tetradesmus; antibacterial properties; bacterial growth; bioactive compounds; biomass; engineering; food pathogens; genomics; growth retardation; hydrophilicity; lighting; metabolites; microalgae; ribosomal DNA; virulent strains
- ... This paper presents a strategy for isolation, identification and evaluation of microalgae strains synthesizing biologically active compounds (BAC) with antimicrobial activity against food-borne and other pathogens. Water samples containing microalgae were initially submitted to the enrichment process, followed by standard procedure for obtaining pure culture. Purified DNA from the microalgae isola ...