Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Lanmei; Zhang, Congcong; Bao, Mutai; Lu, Jinren
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.141 pp. 120-130
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; activated sludge; ammonification; biodegradation; biofilm; biotransformation; chemical oxygen demand; cleaning; denitrification; fouling; hydrolysis; membrane permeability; microfiltration; microorganisms; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrogen content; oil fields; polyacrylamide; scanning electron microscopy; tryptophan; tyrosine; viscosity; wastewater; water reuse; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... This study deeply investigated the overall performance, nitrogen transformation, membrane fouling and cleaning, extracelluar polymeric substances (EPS) and microbial function in a biofilm/activated sludge membrane bioreactor (BF-AS-MBR) for treating actual hydrolyzed polyacrylamide (HPAM)-containing oilfield wastewater. The removal efficiencies of HPAM, COD, viscosity, TOC and TN achieved 97.5%, 9 ...
- Jo, Yunju; Johir, M.A.H.; Cho, Youngkwon; Naidu, G.; Rice, Scott A.; McDougald, Diane; Kandasamy, Jaya; Vigneswaran, Saravanamuthu; Sun, Shuyang
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.148 pp. 9-15
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; activated sludge; adverse effects; bacterial communities; beta-Proteobacteria; biofilm; biomass; capital; cleaning; cleaning agents; filtration; fouling; nitric oxide; reverse osmosis; sodium hypochlorite; water reuse; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Reverse osmosis concentrates (ROC) produced from water reclamation plants can threaten the environment if it is not appropriately treated before discharge. A membrane bioreactor (MBR) process to treat ROC was used in this project. In an MBR, fouling is an essential and inevitable phenomenon which leads to higher operational and capital costs. A comparative study on chemical cleaning, such as sodiu ...