Jump to Main Content
- Camila Larissa Hinterholz; Daniela Estelita Goes Trigueros; Aparecido Nivaldo Módenes; Carlos Eduardo Borba; Fabiano Bisinella Scheufele; Adilson Ricken Schuelter; Alexander Dimitrov Kroumov
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 pp. 107257
- algae culture; biomass; closed loop systems; computer software; cost effectiveness; fluid mechanics; markets; microalgae; models; photobioreactors; ponds
- ... The application of innovative strategies to develop cost-effective closed photobioreactors (PBRs) aiming high-density microalgae culture is the way to overcome the predominance of algae ponds against closed systems in the growing market of overall microalgae products. Hence, this paper focused on the development of a flat-plate PBR (FP-PBR) with improved fluid dynamics (FD), based on the system an ...
- Md Shahadat Hossain; Constantinos Theodoropoulos; Abu Yousuf
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 89-103
- bioethanol; biomass; computer software; corn stover; economic feasibility; energy efficiency; fossil fuels; furfural; heat; lignocellulose; liquids; profitability; surveys
- ... In a quest of alternative energy source of fossil fuels, lignocellulosic biomass is intensively studying to produce different liquid fuels and chemicals. Both fuel (bioethanol) and chemical (furfural) were produced simultaneously in this study through two different production routes, biochemical and thermochemical route. Actually, this study firstly defined production pathway in details for each p ...