Jump to Main Content
- Levinson, Yonatan; Beri, Rajesh G.; Holderness, Kathryn; Ben-Nun, Inbar Friedrich; Shi, Yaling; Abraham, Eytan
- Biochemical engineering journal 2018 v.132 pp. 262-269
- bioreactors; cell culture; humans; manufacturing; stem cells; stromal cells; therapeutics
- ... There is an emerging need for flexible platforms capable of manufacturing cell products at large scale for both allogeneic and autologous therapeutics. These platforms must be capable of both scaling up and scaling out, while maintaining control over the cell culture environment and process steps. We describe two platform designs: a microcarrier-based bioreactor platform capable of scaling up manu ...
- Specht, Elizabeth A.; Welch, David R.; Rees Clayton, Erin M.; Lagally, Christie D.
- Biochemical engineering journal 2018 v.132 pp. 161-168
- animal welfare; animals; biotechnology; cell culture; cost effectiveness; livestock and meat industry; manufacturing; meat; meat production; product development; public health; slaughter; therapeutics
- ... Clean meat (meat grown in cell culture rather than obtained from animal slaughter) is an emerging biotechnology industry that will ameliorate the serious environmental, sustainability, global public health, and animal welfare concerns of industrial animal agriculture. While many technologies and products developed for the cell therapy industry can already be applied to clean meat, significant oppo ...