Jump to Main Content
- Pappu, Sharon Mano J.; Gummadi, Sathyanarayana N.
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 136-145
- Debaryomyces nepalensis; algorithms; biomass; bioreactors; fermentation; glycerol; neural networks; pH; prediction; regression analysis; system optimization; temperature; topology; xylitol; xylose
- ... In this study, prediction ability and optimization ability of regression and artificial neural network (ANN) models were compared. The input variables used to predict xylose consumption, biomass and xylitol production by regression analysis and neural network model are temperature, fermentation time, pH, kLa, biomass and glycerol of previous data points. Determination of coefficient (R²) was used ...
- Yang, Jixiang; Lu, Lunhui; Ouyang, Wenjuan; Gou, Yao; Chen, Youpeng; Ma, Hua; Guo, Jinsong; Fang, Fang
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 25-32
- activated sludge; algorithms; anaerobic digestion; glucose; model validation; models
- ... Calibrating parameters of an anaerobic digestion model is often difficult and time consuming. In order to reduce the complexity of tuning a complex anaerobic digestion model, a particle swarm optimization-based smart algorithm was developed to estimate all parameters of an anaerobic digestion model. A glucose anaerobic digestion model was refined and applied to test the feasibility of the smart al ...