Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Guang-En; Li, Yunbei; Lv, Jinghua; Zhang, Guoquan; Yang, Fenglin
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 118-124
- biodegradability; catalysts; dissolved oxygen; electrodes; hydrogen peroxide; liquid chromatography; maleic acid; malonic acid; mass spectrometry; microbial fuel cells; oxidants; oxidation; pollutants; toxicity
- ... An integrated system of a microbial fuel cell (MFC) and a catalytic oxidation reactor (COR) was developed. In the MFC-COR system, H2O2 generated at the MFC cathode and residual dissolved oxygen could both be used as oxidants for Congo red degradation in the presence of iron phthalocyanine-based catalyst. Over 90% of Congo red was degraded within 72h in neutral solution. The open-circuit potential ...
- Somasundaram, Sivachandiran; Tran, Kim-Ngan T.; Ravikumar, Sambandam; Hong, Soon Ho
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 1-6
- Escherichia coli; Pyrococcus horikoshii; antiporters; anxiety; biodegradability; gamma-aminobutyric acid; glutamate decarboxylase; glutamic acid; hypertension; industry; models; monosodium glutamate; mutants; polymers; pyrrolidones
- ... Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a precursor to pyrrolidone, a monomer used for the production of a biodegradable polymer known as nylon-4. GABA is also widely used in the medical industry to treat conditions such as high blood pressure, anxiety and depression. Generally, GABA is produced from glutamate by the enzyme glutamate decarboxylase (GadB). In this study, a synthetic scaffold complex was ...