Jump to Main Content
- Nordlander, Eva; Thorin, Eva; Yan, Jinyue
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 73-83
- ammonium nitrogen; anaerobic digestion; biogas; data collection; methane; models; municipal solid waste; prediction; silage; sludge
- ... This study investigated the possibility of using a model based on the anaerobic digestion model no. 1 (ADM1) on a full-scale 4000m³ digester in order to understand how such theoretical models can be applied to a real industrial process. The industrial scale digester co-digests the organic fraction of municipal solid waste, grease trap sludge, and ley crop silage with varying feed rates and amounts ...
- Dai, Ruobin; Chen, Xiaoguang; Ma, Puyue; Chu, Xiaoxiao; Xiang, Xinyi; Luo, Ying; Ni, Shengsheng; Li, Gang
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 17-24
- biogas; biomass; models; prediction; sludge; streams; upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor; wastewater
- ... The transport and concentration distribution of sludge in a high performance anaerobic bioreactor, termed spiral symmetry stream anaerobic bioreactor (SSSAB), was directly related to its effective retention of the biomass, as well as its stable operation under high loading rate. Therefore, the transport and concentration distribution of sludge in a lab-scale SSSAB were modelled and investigated in ...