Jump to Main Content
- Serres, Jonas Daci da Silva; Balmant, Wellington; Soares, Diniara; Corazza, Marcos Lúcio; Krieger, Nadia; Mitchell, David Alexander
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 84-92
- Burkholderia cepacia; biodiesel; carboxylic ester hydrolases; catalysts; drying; equations; esterification; ethanol; fatty acids; fuel production; kinetics; models; oils; reaction kinetics; soapstock; solid state fermentation; sorption; sorption isotherms; soybeans; sugarcane bagasse; sunflower seed
- ... A low-cost enzymatic catalyst for biodiesel production can be produced by growing a lipase-producing organism in solid-state fermentation and then drying the solids after the fermentation. Recently, we cultivated Burkholderia cepacia on a mixture of sugar cane bagasse and sunflower seed meal and used the dried fermented solid to catalyze the esterification of fatty acids with ethanol in a solvent- ...
- Yuan, Guang-En; Li, Yunbei; Lv, Jinghua; Zhang, Guoquan; Yang, Fenglin
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 118-124
- biodegradability; catalysts; dissolved oxygen; electrodes; hydrogen peroxide; liquid chromatography; maleic acid; malonic acid; mass spectrometry; microbial fuel cells; oxidants; oxidation; pollutants; toxicity
- ... An integrated system of a microbial fuel cell (MFC) and a catalytic oxidation reactor (COR) was developed. In the MFC-COR system, H2O2 generated at the MFC cathode and residual dissolved oxygen could both be used as oxidants for Congo red degradation in the presence of iron phthalocyanine-based catalyst. Over 90% of Congo red was degraded within 72h in neutral solution. The open-circuit potential ...