Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Ya; Liu, Yuxiang; Yang, Ting; Lv, Yongkang
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 33-40
- Acinetobacter; Pseudomonas; ammonium nitrogen; biodegradation; carbon nitrogen ratio; chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrogen dioxide; wastewater
- ... Nitrogen pollution has been a serious problem in environmental water particularly in industrial wastewater. A microbial consortium named FG-06 was found to exhibit efficient heterotrophic nitrification and aerobic denitrification ability, with the maximum NH4⁺-N, NO2⁻-N and NO3⁻-N removal rate of 7.33, 6.53 and 4.53mg/L/h, respectively. High-throughput sequencing analysis showed that it was mainly ...
- Al-Mamun, Abdullah; Baawain, Mahad Said; Egger, Felix; Al-Muhtaseb, Ala’a Hamed; Ng, How Yong
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.120 pp. 93-102
- acetates; byproducts; catalytic activity; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; electrochemistry; electrodes; energy; microbial fuel cells; nitrate nitrogen; nitrates; nitrites; nitrogen; nitrogen dioxide; streams; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Microbial fuel cells (MFCs) gained emerging attention as an eco-friendly pathway for recovering electrical energy and treating wastewater. The electrochemical catalysis of cathodic reactions was one of the important issues for practical application of MFC technology. Here, it was disclosed the performance of a stake up-flow baffled-reactor MFC in which autotrophic denitrifying microorganisms catal ...