Jump to Main Content
- Matsuura, Norihisa; Hatamoto, Masashi; Yamaguchi, Takashi; Ohashi, Akiyoshi
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.124 pp. 138-144
- ambient temperature; community structure; genes; greenhouse gases; methane; methane production; methanotrophs; oxidation; phylogeny; sewage; summer; upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor; wastewater treatment; winter
- ... Dissolved methane in the effluent of anaerobic wastewater treatment processes is unrecovered and released into the atmosphere as methane, a greenhouse gas. To prevent methane emissions from effluent, a post-treatment system consisting of two closed downflow hanging sponge (DHS) reactors for the recovery and biological oxidation of dissolved methane was developed. More than 99% of the dissolved met ...
- Zeng, Wei; Wang, Anqi; Li, Chao; Guo, Yu; Peng, Yongzhen
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.124 pp. 69-77
- carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; denitrification; dissolved oxygen; genes; genetic markers; nitrification; nitrites; phosphates; phosphorus; population dynamics; sewage treatment; temperature
- ... In order to understand the enhanced biological phosphorus removal in a continuous-flow domestic wastewater treatment system, population dynamics of “Candidatus Accumulibacter phosphatis” using polyphosphate kinase (ppk1) gene as genetic marker was investigated under the modes of complete nitrification and partial nitrification (nitritation). Nitritation was achieved at hydraulic retention time (HR ...