Jump to Main Content
- Sasaki, Kengo; Matsuda, Fumio; Hasunuma, Tomohisa; Ogino, Chiaki; Urairi, Masakatsu; Yoshida, Kazuhito; Kondo, Akihiko
- Biochemical engineering journal 2013 v.70 pp. 135-139
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; biomass; byproducts; culture media; distillation; ethanol; ethanol fermentation; lignocellulose; rice straw; vapors; yeast extract
- ... A perfluoropolymer (PFP) membrane has been prepared for use in vapor permeation to separate aqueous ethanol mixtures produced from rice straw with xylose-assimilating recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PFP membranes commonly have been used for dehydration process and possess good selectivity and high permeances. The effects of by-products during dilute acid pretreatment, addition of yeast extra ...
- Manavalan, Tamilvendan; Manavalan, Arulmani; Thangavelu, Kalaichelvan P.; Heese, Klaus
- Biochemical engineering journal 2013 v.70 pp. 106-114
- Ganoderma lucidum; biomass; chromatography; copper sulfate; decolorization; dyes; ethanol; fabrics; gallic acid; guaiacol; laccase; lignocellulose; pH; tamarinds; tandem mass spectrometry; temperature
- ... We show for the first-time Ganoderma lucidum laccase enzyme production using medium containing 3% (v/v) ethanol, which enhanced the enzyme production up to 14.1 folds. A more than 400-folds increase could be achieved if grown in the presence of the novel lignocellulosic biomass tamarind shell plus ethanol (3%, v/v), CuSO4 (0.4mM) and gallic acid (1mM). A 38.3kDa laccase enzyme was purified from th ...