Jump to Main Content
- Md Shahadat Hossain; Constantinos Theodoropoulos; Abu Yousuf
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 89-103
- bioethanol; biomass; computer software; corn stover; economic feasibility; energy efficiency; fossil fuels; furfural; heat; lignocellulose; liquids; profitability; surveys
- ... In a quest of alternative energy source of fossil fuels, lignocellulosic biomass is intensively studying to produce different liquid fuels and chemicals. Both fuel (bioethanol) and chemical (furfural) were produced simultaneously in this study through two different production routes, biochemical and thermochemical route. Actually, this study firstly defined production pathway in details for each p ...
- Remus Mihail Prunescu; Mogens Blanke; Jon Geest Jakobsen; Gürkan Sin
- Biochemical engineering journal 2017 v.124 pp. 13-25
- automation; bioethanol; biomass; biorefining; enzymatic hydrolysis; feedstocks; fermentation; lignocellulose; models; temperature; uncertainty; uncertainty analysis; yeasts
- ... Second generation biorefineries transform lignocellulosic biomass into chemicals with higher added value following a conversion mechanism that consists of: pretreatment, enzymatic hydrolysis, fermentation and purification. The objective of this study is to identify the optimal operational point with respect to maximum economic profit of a large scale biorefinery plant using a systematic model-base ...