Jump to Main Content
- Guan, Weijun, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biochemical genetics 2010 v.48 no.5-6 pp. 376-384
- alleles; breeds; gene flow; genetic distance; heterozygosity; loci; microsatellite repeats; sheep; statistics
- ... This study assessed the usefulness of geographic and pairwise genetic distances in the characterization of five sheep populations using 15 microsatellite markers. The average F statistics across loci were F IT = 0.523 ± 0.140, F ST = 0.363 ± 0.131, and F IS = 0.263 ± 0.092. The average heterozygosity was 0.716 ± 0.069, polymorphism information content was 0.691 ± 0.070, and effective number of all ...
- Guan, Weijun, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biochemical genetics 2011 v.49 no.11-12 pp. 704-714
- blood pressure; gender; genes; homozygosity; hydrochlorothiazide; hypertension; men; patients; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; women
- ... To evaluate the interaction between the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism and gender with individual blood pressure response to hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) in hypertensives, we enrolled 829 mild-moderate hypertensive patients. All subjects were given HCTZ (12.5 mg) orally each day for 6 weeks. A total of 776 patients completed the study. There was statis ...