Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Peng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemical systematics and ecology 2015 v.60 pp. 74-80
- Juglans; alleles; breeding; ecology; gene flow; genetic markers; genetic variation; germplasm; heterozygosity; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; indigenous species; loci; trees; walnuts; wood; China
- ... The Chinese walnut (Juglans cathayensis L.), valued for both its nut and wood, is an ecologically important tree species endemic temperate southern China. Investigation of the genetic diversity of Chinese walnut has been limited to natural population genetics and genetic germplasm resources. Here, we describe the development of 12 polymorphic microsatellite markers using next-generation sequencing ...
- Zhao, Peng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biochemical systematics and ecology 2015 v.63 pp. 201-211
- Juglans; alleles; breeding; databases; ecology; genetic markers; genetic variation; heterozygosity; indigenous species; proteins; sequence homology; transcriptome; trees; unigenes; walnuts; China
- ... The Chinese walnut (Juglans hopeiensis Hu) is an endemic temperate tree species and narrowly distributed in China. However, there are still few specific molecular markers for understanding genetic diversity of this walnut. In this study, more than 44 million sequencing reads were generated using Illumina sequencing technology. De novo assembly yielded 93,822 unigenes with an average length of 731 ...