Jump to Main Content
- Spahiu, Linda; Ålander, Johan; Ottosson-Wadlund, Astrid; Svensson, Richard; Lehmer, Carina; Armstrong, Richard N.; Morgenstern, Ralf
- Biochemistry 2017 v.56 no.24 pp. 3089-3098
- active sites; binding sites; enzyme activation; equations; glutathione; glutathione transferase
- ... Microsomal glutathione transferase 1 (MGST1) has a unique ability to be activated, ≤30-fold, by modification with sulfhydryl reagents. MGST1 exhibits one-third-of-the-sites reactivity toward glutathione and hence heterogeneous binding to different active sites in the homotrimer. Limited turnover stopped-flow kinetic measurements of the activated enzyme allowed us to more accurately determine the K ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sakashita, Naoki; Watanabe, Hiroshi C.; Ikeda, Takuya; Saito, Keisuke; Ishikita, Hiroshi
- Biochemistry 2017 v.56 no.24 pp. 3049-3057
- binding sites; crystal structure; molecular dynamics; oxidation; photosystem II; water
- ... The cyanobacterial photosystem II (PSII) crystal structure includes more than 1300 water molecules in each monomer unit; however, their precise roles in water oxidation are unclear. To understand the origins of water molecules in the PSII crystal structure, the accessibility of bulk water molecules to channel inner spaces in PSII was investigated using the water-removed PSII structure and molecula ...