Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Haoyuan; Giese, Timothy J.; Golden, Barbara L.; York, Darrin M.
- Biochemistry 2017 v.56 no.24 pp. 2985-2994
- Lewis bases; catalytic activity; divalent metals; guanine; metal ions; models; pH; paints; prediction; ribozymes
- ... The hammerhead ribozyme is a well-studied nucleolytic ribozyme that catalyzes the self-cleavage of the RNA phosphodiester backbone. Despite experimental and theoretical efforts, key questions remain about details of the mechanism with regard to the activation of the nucleophile by the putative general base guanine (G12). Straightforward interpretation of the measured activity–pH data implies the p ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lella, Muralikrishna; Mahalakshmi, Radhakrishnan
- Biochemistry 2017 v.56 no.24 pp. 2971-2984
- amino acid sequences; amino acids; membrane proteins; prediction
- ... Every amino acid exhibits a different propensity for distinct structural conformations. Hence, decoding how the primary amino acid sequence undergoes the transition to a defined secondary structure and its final three-dimensional fold is presently considered predictable with reasonable certainty. However, protein sequences that defy the first principles of secondary structure prediction (they atta ...