Jump to Main Content
- Nevins, Amanda
M.; Subramanian, Akshay; Tapia, Jazma L.; Delgado, David P.; Tyler, Robert C.; Jensen, Davin R.; Ouellette, André J.; Volkman, Brian F.
- Biochemistry 2016 v.55 no.27 pp. 3784-3793
- antibacterial properties; bacteria; chemokine CCL20; phylogeny; protein secretion
- ... Chemokines make up a superfamily of ∼50 small secreted proteins (8–12 kDa) involved in a host of physiological processes and disease states, with several previously shown to have direct antimicrobial activity comparable to that of defensins in efficacy. XCL1 is a unique metamorphic protein that interconverts between the canonical chemokine fold and a novel all-β-sheet dimer. Phylogenetic analysis ...
- Pandey, Naresh; Kuypers, Brianna E.; Nassif, Barbara; Thomas, Emily
E.; Alnahhas, Razan N.; Segatori, Laura; Silberg, Jonathan J.
- Biochemistry 2016 v.55 no.27 pp. 3763-3773
- Escherichia coli; bacteria; biosensors; denaturation; fluorescence; fluorescent proteins; gene expression; image analysis; mutagenesis; peptides; photoreceptors; tail; tissue culture
- ... Bacteriophytochrome photoreceptors (BphP) are knotted proteins that have been developed as near-infrared fluorescent protein (iRFP) reporters of gene expression. To explore how rearrangements in the peptides that interlace into the knot within the BphP photosensory core affect folding, we subjected iRFPs to random circular permutation using an improved transposase mutagenesis strategy and screened ...
- PubMed Central: