Jump to Main Content
- Mayfield, Jeffrey
A.; Blanc, Béatrice; Rodgers, Kenton R.; Lukat-Rodgers, Gudrun S.; DuBois, Jennifer L.
- Biochemistry 2013 v.52 no.40 pp. 6982-6994
- peracetic acid, etc ; Dechloromonas; biochemistry; cations; chemical bonding; heme; hydrogen peroxide; pH; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Heme-containing chlorite dismutases (Clds) catalyze a highly unusual O–O bond-forming reaction. The O–O cleaving reactions of hydrogen peroxide and peracetic acid (PAA) with the Cld from Dechloromonas aromatica (DaCld) were studied to better understand the Cl–O cleavage of the natural substrate and subsequent O–O bond formation. While reactions with H₂O₂ result in slow destruction of the heme, at ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ivancich, Anabella; Donald, Lynda
J.; Villanueva, Jacylyn; Wiseman, Ben; Fita, Ignacio; Loewen, Peter C.
- Biochemistry 2013 v.52 no.41 pp. 7271-7282
- peracetic acid, etc ; Burkholderia pseudomallei; acetic acid; ambient temperature; catalase; crosslinking; cysteine; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; electrons; hydrogen peroxide; mass spectrometry; methionine; oxygen; peptides; peroxidase; spectral analysis; tryptophan; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Catalase-peroxidases or KatGs can utilize organic peroxyacids and peroxides instead of hydrogen peroxide to generate the high-valent ferryl-oxo intermediates involved in the catalase and peroxidase reactions. In the absence of peroxidatic one-electron donors, the ferryl intermediates generated with a low excess (10-fold) of peroxyacetic acid (PAA) slowly decay to the ferric resting state after sev ...