Jump to Main Content
- May, Eric R., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biochemistry 2014 v.53 no.19 pp. 3248-3260
- Bacillus subtilis; bacteria; bacterial proteins; crystal structure; dimerization; molecular motor proteins; protein transport; salt tolerance
- ... The Sec pathway mediates translocation of protein across the inner membrane of bacteria. SecA is a motor protein that drives translocation of preprotein through the SecYEG channel. SecA reversibly dimerizes under physiological conditions, but different dimer interfaces have been observed in SecA crystal structures. Here, we have used biophysical approaches to address the nature of the SecA dimer t ...
- PubMed Central:
- May, Eric R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemistry 2019 v.58 no.27 pp. 2967-2977
- dimerization; double-stranded RNA; geometry; immune response; innate immunity; molecular dynamics; mutational analysis; protein kinases; protein phosphorylation; protein subunits; simulation models
- ... The RNA-activated protein kinase, PKR, is a key mediator of the innate immunity response to viral infection. Viral double-stranded RNAs induce PKR dimerization and autophosphorylation. The PKR kinase domain forms a back-to-back dimer. However, intermolecular (trans) autophosphorylation is not feasible in this arrangement. We have obtained PKR kinase structures that resolves this dilemma. The kinas ...