Jump to Main Content
- Jäger, Stefanie; Büchel, Claudia
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019 v.1860 no.1 pp. 41-51
- Bacillariophyceae; Thalassiosira pseudonana; cations; circular dichroism spectroscopy; electrostatic interactions; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; grana; light harvesting complex; magnesium; photosystem II; salts; thylakoids
- ... Diatoms show a special organisation of their plastid membranes, such that their thylakoids span the entire plastid in bands of three. While in higher plants the interaction of the light harvesting complex II and photosystem II with divalent cations (especially Mg2+) was found to take part in the interplay of electrostatic attraction and repulsion in grana membrane appression, for diatoms the key p ...
- Stamatakis, Kostas; Broussos, Panayiotis-Ilias; Panagiotopoulou, Angeliki; Gast, Rebecca J.; Pelecanou, Maria; Papageorgiou, George C.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019 v.1860 no.1 pp. 102-110
- Bacillariophyceae; Chlorophyta; Cyanobacteria; Miozoa; Phaeocystis; Rhodophyta; absorption; algae; amino acids; autotrophs; chlorophyll; circular dichroism spectroscopy; fluorescence; kleptoplasts; photosynthesis; ultraviolet radiation; Antarctica
- ... Light state transitions (STs) is a reversible physiological process that oxygenic photosynthetic organisms use in order to minimize imbalances in the electronic excitation delivery to the reaction centers of Photosystems I and II, and thus to optimize photosynthesis. STs have been studied extensively in plants, green algae, red algae and cyanobacteria, but sparsely in algae with secondary red alga ...