Jump to Main Content
- Torrado, Alejandro; Ramírez-Moncayo, Carmen; Navarro, José A.; Mariscal, Vicente; Molina-Heredia, Fernando P.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019 v.1860 no.1 pp. 60-68
- Anabaena; Chlorophyta; copper; cytochrome c; enzymes; mutants; nitrogen; photosystem I; plastocyanin; vegetative cells
- ... Cytochrome c6 is a soluble electron carrier, present in all known cyanobacteria, that has been replaced by plastocyanin in plants. Despite their high structural differences, both proteins have been reported to be isofunctional in cyanobacteria and green algae, acting as alternative electron carriers from the cytochrome b6-f complex to photosystem I or terminal oxidases. We have investigated the su ...
- Stamatakis, Kostas; Broussos, Panayiotis-Ilias; Panagiotopoulou, Angeliki; Gast, Rebecca J.; Pelecanou, Maria; Papageorgiou, George C.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019 v.1860 no.1 pp. 102-110
- Bacillariophyceae; Chlorophyta; Cyanobacteria; Miozoa; Phaeocystis; Rhodophyta; absorption; algae; amino acids; autotrophs; chlorophyll; circular dichroism spectroscopy; fluorescence; kleptoplasts; photosynthesis; ultraviolet radiation; Antarctica
- ... Light state transitions (STs) is a reversible physiological process that oxygenic photosynthetic organisms use in order to minimize imbalances in the electronic excitation delivery to the reaction centers of Photosystems I and II, and thus to optimize photosynthesis. STs have been studied extensively in plants, green algae, red algae and cyanobacteria, but sparsely in algae with secondary red alga ...