Jump to Main Content
- Alvares, Danielle; Hoffman, Simon; Stankovic, Bogdan; Adeli, Khosrow
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019 v.1864 no.3 pp. 326-334
- agonists; fatty liver; glucagon-like peptide 1; glucagon-like peptide 2; homeostasis; inflammation; insulin resistance; lipogenesis; lipoproteins; liver; metabolic diseases; pathogenesis; pathophysiology; protein metabolism; reactive oxygen species; receptors
- ... Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is a continuum of disorders that can range from simple steatosis to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). As a complex metabolic disorder, the pathophysiology of NAFLD is incompletely understood. Recently glucagon-like peptide (GLP)-1 and -2 signalling has been implicated in the pathogenesis of NAFLD. The role of these gut hormones in the hepatic abnormali ...
- Singh, Amar Bahadur; Dong, Bin; Xu, Yanyong; Zhang, Yanqiao; Liu, Jingwen
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019 v.1864 no.3 pp. 358-371
- Adenoviridae; acute effects; acyl coenzyme A; adipose tissue; adults; agonists; beta oxidation; bile; bile acids; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; blood serum; cholesterol metabolism; fatty acids; free fatty acids; gene expression regulation; heart; high fat diet; hypercholesterolemia; knockout mutants; liver; long-chain-fatty-acid-CoA ligase; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; low density lipoprotein receptors; messenger RNA; mice; phenotype; phospholipids; protein content; skeletal muscle; triacylglycerols
- ... Long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 1 (ACSL1) plays a pivotal role in fatty acid β‑oxidation in heart, adipose tissue and skeletal muscle. However, key functions of ACSL1 in the liver remain largely unknown. We investigated acute effects of hepatic ACSL1 deficiency on lipid metabolism in adult mice under hyperlipidemic and normolipidemic conditions. We knocked down hepatic ACSL1 expression using adenov ...