Jump to Main Content
- Cao, Xiu-Fei; Dai, Yong-Jun; Liu, Ming-Yang; Yuan, Xiang-Yang; Wang, Cong-Cong; Huang, Yang-Yang; Liu, Wen-Bin; Jiang, Guang-Zhen
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019 v.1864 no.3 pp. 213-223
- Megalobrama amblycephala; adverse effects; endoplasmic reticulum; endoplasmic reticulum stress; energy intake; feed conversion; fish; genes; growth performance; hepatocytes; high fat diet; histology; lipid content; liver; liver function; oleic acid; secretion; very low density lipoprotein
- ... This study was conducted to understand the effect of high-fat diet challenge on lipid transport and endoplasmic reticulum stress in blunt snout bream. Ninety fish (average weight: 41.84 ± 0.07 g) were randomly fed a control diet (6% fat) or a high-fat diet (11% fat) for 9 weeks. The growth performance and feed utilization efficiency were evaluated at the end of the trial. The liver samples of both ...
- Singh, Amar Bahadur; Dong, Bin; Xu, Yanyong; Zhang, Yanqiao; Liu, Jingwen
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019 v.1864 no.3 pp. 358-371
- Adenoviridae; acute effects; acyl coenzyme A; adipose tissue; adults; agonists; beta oxidation; bile; bile acids; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; blood serum; cholesterol metabolism; fatty acids; free fatty acids; gene expression regulation; heart; high fat diet; hypercholesterolemia; knockout mutants; liver; long-chain-fatty-acid-CoA ligase; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; low density lipoprotein receptors; messenger RNA; mice; phenotype; phospholipids; protein content; skeletal muscle; triacylglycerols
- ... Long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase 1 (ACSL1) plays a pivotal role in fatty acid β‑oxidation in heart, adipose tissue and skeletal muscle. However, key functions of ACSL1 in the liver remain largely unknown. We investigated acute effects of hepatic ACSL1 deficiency on lipid metabolism in adult mice under hyperlipidemic and normolipidemic conditions. We knocked down hepatic ACSL1 expression using adenov ...