Jump to Main Content
- Ikushiro, Hiroko; Hayashi, Hideyuki
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2011 v.1814 no.11 pp. 1474-1480
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; biosynthesis; pyridoxal phosphate; sphingolipids; spectroscopy; enzymology; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Serine palmitoyltransferase, which is one of the α-oxamine synthase family enzymes, catalyzes the condensation reaction of L-serine and palmitoyl-CoA to form 3-ketodihydrosphingosine, the first and rate-determining step of the sphingolipid biosynthesis. As with other α-oxamine synthase family enzymes, the catalytic reaction is composed of multiple elementary steps, and the mechanism to control the ...
- Mann, Stéphane; Ploux, Olivier
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2011 v.1814 no.11 pp. 1459-1466
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; 5-aminolevulinate synthase; Mycobacterium tuberculosis; acylation; antibiotics; biosynthesis; biotin; crystal structure; decarboxylation; enzyme inactivation; herbicides; microorganisms; pyridoxal; transamination; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The four last steps of biotin biosynthesis, starting from pimeloyl-CoA, are conserved among all the biotin-producing microorganisms. Two enzymes of this pathway, the 8-amino-7-oxononanoate synthase (AONS) and the 7,8-diaminopelargonic acid aminotransferase (DAPA AT) are dependent on pyridoxal-5′-phosphate (PLP). This review summarizes our current understanding of the structure, reaction mechanism ...