Jump to Main Content
- García-Seisdedos, David; Babiy, Bohdan; Lerma, Milagros; Casado, María E.; Martínez-Botas, Javier; Lasunción, Miguel A.; Pastor, Óscar; Busto, Rebeca
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2020 v.1865 no.5 pp. 158638
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; Curcuma longa; animal models; ceramides; curcumin; enzyme inhibitors; exosomes; fumonisin B1; hydrophobicity; mice; neuroglia; polyphenols; rhizomes; secretion; sphingosine N-acyltransferase; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Curcumin, a hydrophobic polyphenol found in the rhizome of Curcuma longa, has been shown to reduce intracellular lipid accumulation in mouse models of lysosomal storage diseases such as Niemann-Pick type C. Exosomes are small extracellular vesicles secreted by cells in response to changes in intracellular ceramide composition. Curcumin can induce exosome/microvesicle release in cellular models of ...
- Subbaiah, Papasani Venkata; Jiang, Xian-Cheng; Belikova, Natalia A.; Aizezi, Buzulagu; Huang, Zhi Hua; Reardon, Catherine A.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2012 v.1821 no.6 pp. 908-913
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; animal models; cholesterol; cholesteryl esters; esterification; high density lipoprotein; knockout mutants; liver; low density lipoprotein; mice; phosphatidylcholine-choline acyltransferase; phosphatidylcholines; sphingomyelins; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Although sphingomyelin (SM) is the most abundant phospholipid in the plasma, next to phosphatidylcholine (PC), its physiological function in plasma is unclear. Here we employed plasma from various genetic models of mice which naturally differ in their plasma SM/PC ratios, to study the role of SM as a modulator of LCAT, the enzyme responsible for HDL maturation and the synthesis of cholesteryl este ...
- PubMed Central: