Jump to Main Content
- Davis, Deanna; Suemitsu, John; Wattenberg, Binks
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019 v.1867 no.4 pp. 382-395
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; amino acid sequences; biosynthesis; cysteine; cytosol; detergents; endoplasmic reticulum; hydrophobicity; mammals; membrane permeability; models; mutants; prediction; proteins; sphingolipids; topology; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Sphingolipids are diverse lipids with essential, and occasionally opposing, functions in the cell and therefore tight control over biosynthesis is vital. Mechanisms governing this regulation are not understood. Initial steps in sphingolipid biosynthesis take place on the cytosolic face of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). Serine palmitoyltransferase (SPT) is an ER-resident enzyme catalyzing the firs ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ikushiro, Hiroko; Hayashi, Hideyuki
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2011 v.1814 no.11 pp. 1474-1480
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; biosynthesis; pyridoxal phosphate; sphingolipids; spectroscopy; enzymology; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Serine palmitoyltransferase, which is one of the α-oxamine synthase family enzymes, catalyzes the condensation reaction of L-serine and palmitoyl-CoA to form 3-ketodihydrosphingosine, the first and rate-determining step of the sphingolipid biosynthesis. As with other α-oxamine synthase family enzymes, the catalytic reaction is composed of multiple elementary steps, and the mechanism to control the ...
- Mann, Stéphane; Ploux, Olivier
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2011 v.1814 no.11 pp. 1459-1466
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; 5-aminolevulinate synthase; Mycobacterium tuberculosis; acylation; antibiotics; biosynthesis; biotin; crystal structure; decarboxylation; enzyme inactivation; herbicides; microorganisms; pyridoxal; transamination; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The four last steps of biotin biosynthesis, starting from pimeloyl-CoA, are conserved among all the biotin-producing microorganisms. Two enzymes of this pathway, the 8-amino-7-oxononanoate synthase (AONS) and the 7,8-diaminopelargonic acid aminotransferase (DAPA AT) are dependent on pyridoxal-5′-phosphate (PLP). This review summarizes our current understanding of the structure, reaction mechanism ...