Jump to Main Content
- García-Seisdedos, David; Babiy, Bohdan; Lerma, Milagros; Casado, María E.; Martínez-Botas, Javier; Lasunción, Miguel A.; Pastor, Óscar; Busto, Rebeca
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2020 v.1865 no.5 pp. 158638
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; Curcuma longa; animal models; ceramides; curcumin; enzyme inhibitors; exosomes; fumonisin B1; hydrophobicity; mice; neuroglia; polyphenols; rhizomes; secretion; sphingosine N-acyltransferase; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Curcumin, a hydrophobic polyphenol found in the rhizome of Curcuma longa, has been shown to reduce intracellular lipid accumulation in mouse models of lysosomal storage diseases such as Niemann-Pick type C. Exosomes are small extracellular vesicles secreted by cells in response to changes in intracellular ceramide composition. Curcumin can induce exosome/microvesicle release in cellular models of ...
- Mallela, Shamroop kumar; Mitrofanova, Alla; Merscher, Sandra; Fornoni, Alessia
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; apoptosis; cell division; cell movement; cell proliferation; ceramides; filtration; gene expression regulation; homeostasis; humans; inflammation; kidneys; macrophages; membrane fluidity; plasma membrane; proteins; yeasts; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Sphingolipids have important functions as structural components of cells but they also function as signaling molecules regulating different cellular processes such as apoptosis, cell proliferation, cell migration, cell division and inflammation. Hence, a tight regulation of the sphingolipid homeostasis is essential to maintain proper cellular functions. Mammalian ORMDL proteins are orthologues of ...
- PubMed Central: