Jump to Main Content
- Ramos, Ana Raquel, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2013 v.1827 no.2 pp. 145-160
- Archaea; anaerobiosis; cytochromes; energy; energy conservation; methanogens; proton-motive force; sulfates; sulfur; thiols
- ... Behind the versatile nature of prokaryotic energy metabolism is a set of redox proteins having a highly modular character. It has become increasingly recognized that a limited number of redox modules or building blocks appear grouped in different arrangements, giving rise to different proteins and functionalities. This modularity most likely reveals a common and ancient origin for these redox modu ...
- Ramos, Ana P.M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2016 v.1860 no.1 pp. 28-35
- flow cytometry; fluorescence; fluorescent dyes; humans; molecular biology; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; quantum dots; receptors; transferrin
- ... Overexpression of transferrin receptors (TfRs), which are responsible for the intracellular uptake of ferric transferrin (Tf), has been described in various cancers. Although molecular biology methods allow the identification of different types of receptors in cancer cells, they do not provide features about TfRs internalization, quantification and distribution on cell surface. This information ca ...