Jump to Main Content
- Funke, Andrea; Weisz, Klaus
- Biochimie 2019 v.157 pp. 142-148
- Gibbs free energy; calorimetry; chemical interactions; heat; hydrophobicity; ligands; promoter regions; temperature
- ... Binding of indoloquinolines with different aliphatic side chains to a parallel G-quadruplex derived from the MYC promoter sequence was characterized by optical and calorimetric measurements. ITC experiments performed at different temperatures enabled the determination of molar heat capacity changes upon quadruplex binding and a partitioning of the total binding free enthalpy into contributing term ...
- Jeevanandam, Jaison; Pal, Kaushik; Danquah, Michael K.
- Biochimie 2019 v.157 pp. 38-47
- DNA; RNA; antibodies; biotechnology; capsid; coat proteins; coatings; drugs; energy; enzymes; gene therapy; gene transfer; genes; image analysis; nanoparticles; neoplasms; oligonucleotides; viruses
- ... Viruses are considered as natural nanomaterials as they are in the size range of 20–500 nm with a genetical material either DNA or RNA, which is surrounded by a protein coat capsid. Recently, the field of virus nanotechnology is gaining significant attention from researchers. Attention is given to the utilization of viruses as nanomaterials for medical, biotechnology and energy applications. Remov ...